Have you always thought moving house would be an easy task? Well, in reality, nothing can be more stressful than this. Especially, when you are moving home for the first time, it will surely try out your patience level. If you are moving out in a hurry, then there is not much you can do but to come up with a rapid plan, make a strict schedule and follow it remaining firm. However, in the case you are about to go for a planned move, you have a lot of time to carry out the entire work with immense precision.
The furniture, the books and the other household goods may not need your fullest attention when you are packing those up in respective boxes. However, when you are dealing with the packing process of your glassware, dishware along with other fragile goods, you have plenty of things to do.
Starting from the packing and then finally to the time when our professional removalists in Gold Coast are taking the boxes in the moving truck – you have to pay full attention to every detail.
Here are some suggestions and tips for you to follow for ensuring that your valuable and priceless possessions can get relocated without any hassle.
Tip 1: Take a slow & steady approach
Well, packing the fragile goods need a lot of time as you need to take care of the details. Therefore, keep one or two days in hand separately for packing these fragile goods and treating those appropriately. There is no way that you should compromise on the timing.
Whenever dealing with fragile furniture, it is important to start packing your items in advance. This gives you enough time to pack fragile glass, ceramic and porcelain furniture slowly and steadily. When you are in a rush; it is only natural to forget a few safety steps and carrying out the packing in haste! And when you do that; you end up breaking your fragile furniture sets.
What our notable removalist team would recommend is to take your time in packing your fragile furniture methodically!
Tip 2: Always pick your packing Materials Carefully
Another aspect to consider is picking the right packing materials. Besides careless packing, improper packing materials is another chief cause for your fragile furniture sets getting damaged. There is always a danger when you don’t know what the road conditions will be. And if it turns out to be a rugged one, then there will lots of bumps and vibrations along the way.
To ensure your fragile items are properly packed; you must wrap them using thick blankets, towels and cloths. If you have a stack of newspapers or bubble wraps, look to use both of them adequately!
For your fragile items; our experts use wine cartoons- tea-chest cartoons, packing tape, packing paper, bubble wrap and portarobe with rails. So you can take cues, or if you want an easier way- you can hire our experts of cheap furniture removals in Gold Coast to do it on your behalf.
Tip 3: Know the right rules of packing fragile items
It is quite crucial that you know and follows the proper rules of packing the glassware, especially the stemmed wine glasses. Follow different tutorials and consult with the experts to get the adequate understanding.
Tip 4: Use plenty of padded materials and towels
You cannot let a single inch empty in the box that you are going to use for packing and moving fragile valuables as the fractions will damage those. Therefore, consider using padded material and towel to fill up the empty spaces as much as possible.
Tip 5: Follow the right rule of placing those inside the box
Not every fragile good need to be treated in the same way. As per the suggestions of the experienced removalists in Gold Coast, whereas the dishware is required to be placed in sidewise, the glasses are needed to be placed on the top of one another. Therefore, you are required to know and follow the right rules for keeping your things safe until it reaches the destination.
Tip 6: Label the boxes (fragile) or colour them in red
For fragile goods, it is of optimum necessity to mark or label the box in the best possible way. The marked area needs to be kept on display so that both you and the removalists get to know what the box contains.
If you have a large house with lots of items- then it could be fair to label the ones that contain your fragile furniture sets. On the move day; it is easy to forget which box encompasses which item (or specifically fragile items).
One way to avoid all the confusion is to mark the boxes with a red marker or label it as “Fragile/Handle With Care.” This will make you aware which boxes to handle with extra care so that you can provide optimal protection against damage.
Tip 7: Keep the boxes away from children
Once packed up, the boxes containing fragile items are required to be kept in a particular room separately. This precaution will help you to keep it out of reach of the children as well as pets.
Tip 8: Indicate which items require special attention to your removalists
It is crucial to communicate with the moving professionals to let them know which of the boxes with fragile goods in it needs special attention. The professionals will follow your instructions and put specific attention to those boxes.
Follow these ground rules, and you will be on your way to find a way of moving with fragile goods.
More Tips To Move Fragile Items
- Never overpack or under-pack the boxes.
- Look to fill in the gaps between the items with extra padding to ensure they don’t move around too much while being transported!
- Always look to mix the box sizes rather than bringing in uniform sized ones. Fill the large-sized ones with lighter items, and put the shallower ones in the smaller ones.
- Pack the ones which are lighter items over the heavier ones. And if the ones on top are very fragile, then add a pillow top to lend it extra protection.
- Once all the fragile items are contained, sealed them up from top-bottom and everywhere.
- For other fragile items like cups, glasses, wrap them up individually. If the need be so, add extra layers of protection using bubble wraps, stretch wraps and even plastic wraps. They lend an enhanced level of protection to each of your fragile items.
So, there you have it. Some smart tips to ensure your fragile furniture items are properly protected when relocating. However, if you are not too confident to do it yourself, call us @1300093719!
We would be more than happy to help!
- How Much Time is Required to Pack Your Household Items For a Move?
- Moving House? How Soon Should You Start Planning & Packing?
- How to Safely Pack Large Mirrors When Moving House
- How to Pack & Transport a Grandfather Clock When Moving
- How to Safely Pack Electronic Equipment When Moving House
- How to Safely Pack & Transport Your Couch When Moving House
- How to Safely Pack Antique Items When Moving House
- How to Safely Pack Your Kitchen Items When Moving House
- 8 Tips for Safely Unpacking Items at Your New House
- Must-Have Packing Supplies When Moving House or Office
- 4 Tips to Help You Pack Your Belongings When Moving
Comments are closed.