If you’ve decided to relocate soon; then one question will always pop up in your mind-
“When should you start your relocation process?”
And as much as this is true; you can’t deny that managing a move a herculean task. And to execute it successfully; you need to start with ample time at your disposal.
Moving Can Be Daunting Because…?
- It requires proper coordination between how (and what) you’re going to move.
- Properly pack all your household belongings.
- Dealing with the existing utilities.
- And informing all the people around you about your plan to relocate.
One way to do it seamlessly without stress and tension is to start early- preferably as soon as the move is confirmed.
How & When To Get Started?
Research your options beforehand as that plays a crucial role in your moving operation. Even if you think that you can’t afford a full-service relocation company for your small house or apartment; you can hire mini movers in the Gold Coast who charge you for what you move.
Once This Is Sorted Out, Refer This Shortlist Of Your Next Steps.
6-8 Weeks Prior To The Move:-
- Clean the attic, basement, closets, garage and decide what to keep and what to discard. Make a separate list of items to discard, donate or sell.
- Contact a reliable moving company by reading testimonials, certification, insurance and even their service quote. It is always best to book a company with time at hand to avoid last minute relocation hiccups or inconveniences.
- Take inventory with a moving checklist, organise them in carton boxes and contact people who are interested in buying those extra items.
4-6 Weeks Prior To Your Move:-
- Once you have sold off your extra items to potential buyers, the next step is sharing your relocation news to your kid’s school (if any); your boss and your regular utilities. You should also inform your personal doctor so that she/he can provide you with all medical records and grant you a clean slate.
- If you have pets make arrangements for them either at your friends’/relatives till everything is sorted properly.
- Change your daily mail and newspaper address.
- Remember to call your insurance company.
- Properly arrange your valuables, particularly extensive, antique and fragile items. Box them up first and put labels over them for identification.
- CAnd call up a quality cleaning company and request a full-fledged clean-up at your new residence.
2 Weeks Prior To Your Move:-
- If there are items that are seldom used for special occasions, then pack them up separately and mark it.
- And, organise all essential documents, which include bills, stocks, insurance policies, bank account statements all in the same carton box.
- Other items like toilet paper, cleaning supplies, cutlery items, clothes and any other item which you will need upon immediate arrival should also be packed properly.
1 Day Prior To Your Move:-
- Look to defrost your refrigerator and also clean it properly.
- Keep your box of jewellery, ornaments, checkbooks and other items- marked and ready for transfer.
- Call up the new apartment manager to provide proper elevator access to your movers. And, arrange for a on-site parking permits to avoid move delays.
Your Premier Moving Company in Gold Coast Is Here To Help!
Regardless of whether you’re looking to procure packing supplies, or a dedicated team of professional removalists near Gold Coast– “Richards Gold Coast Removals” has everything covered!
We will provide you hands-off experience handling all packing requirements including your tricky items like expensive mirrors, furniture, lamps and more.
We have the ability to handle relocations of all scales and difficulty and pioneering the industry as a reputed Gold Coast removal company; we will look to make your move as stress-free as possible on the big day!
Call @1300093719 and speak to our professional and experienced removalists today!
Comments are closed.