Look around, and you will find a plethora of removalists operating and assisting the locals to achieve a smooth move.
Be it the Gold Coast region or any other sect in Brisbane; there will never be any shortages of shonky removalists trying to rob you from their (hidden-cost inclusive) services.
Damage to any of your goods or loss of possession consumes you with distress and dissatisfaction on your part. That’s why the key here is to invest a considerable amount of time in finding a trustworthy removalist in the area.
This post will explain how not to be scammed by distrustful removalists in the area. Follow closely!
1) Conduct sufficient research
- Look for reputable names by reading through their client testimonials and industry reputation
- You can also ask friends and relatives about any reliable removalist that they were happy about hiring
- And, if this doesn’t work; you can check if the shortlisted removalist is accredited by the Australian Furniture Remover Associationor AFRA. Check if they meet all the laid down standards meant assisting customers in hassle-free relocations
- It will be unwise on your part to rely on a company that is completely new in the business. The newcomers in the business lack enough experience of handling or packing the valuables. Moreover, they may not have enough vehicles to transport all your belongings within the shortest time possible
- Check their background and ensure that the professionals have enrolled for proper training and certification before opting it as their profession. Don’t hesitate to ask them to resolve your queries.
2) Ask the right questions
- How long will the move take and what could be the total cost of the move?
- Do you factor in any hidden costs?
- What is your charging method- it is hourly or is it a flat rate?
- Suppose if there are delays, will there be any provision for extra costs for storage or anything else?
3) Seek accurate price quotes
- Ensure that their price quote is presented in a written form with a detailed explanation of your relocation.
- Do make certain that the quote is itemised, and the shortlisted Gold Coast removalists can account for each and every charge.
- Furthermore, if you need more information, then ask for it and ensure that everything is mentioned to you clearly, prior to you accepting any service quote.
4) Get everything properly spelled out on the agreement
To distinguish between the good, substandard and shanky removalist; you should:
- Ask the concerned company to mention every iota of your removal service in the agreement.
- Inspect about their pick-up and delivery details along with the date and time of the relocation.
- And lastly, investigate key details of their insurance for any damage caused on your goods.
5) Enquire about their insurance coverage
Another key aspect which one should check for is what damages are covered from their insurance coverage. Make sure you read their insurance coverage terms and conditions properly. Ensure that the removalists will let you sign a contract with them so that you may make a claim if there is any discrepancy. The last thing you want is to end up damaging your items while packing/unpacking and find the company not accepting the liability.
At “Richards GC Removals” we strive to provide professional and low-cost removal services. Be it local removal, country and interstate removals or Hi-rise/office removals; our professionals have the knowledge, skills and resources to ensure every move is a stress-free one.
Guarantying 100% satisfaction and free estimates, our experts in furniture Removals on the Gold Coast will be happy to answer any questions you have.
So, without hesitation, feel free to interact with them and convey your removal requirements. You will not be disappointed.